Access to safe drinking water and improved practical knowledge on sanitation and personal hygiene – 420 families (2310 members) with sustainable access to safe drinking water (through the construction of 2 gravity-fed water systems) and with improved understanding enabling them to value and safely and effectively utilize and maintain the drinking water supplies.
Effective and sustainable community organisations – 3 Water Users Groups, 3 Farmers Groups and 1 cooperative formed and functioning, ensuring sustainability and growth of the project’s achievements.
Improved food security, nutrition and income from agriculture – an estimated 600 families (3300 people) with improved food security, better understanding on healthy diets and beginning to generate new disposable income from increased agricultural production. (80% of families demonstrating at least a 50% increases in their disposable income).
Project Duration:Mid July 2011- Mid July 2012
To facilitate a process of change in order to improve the quality of life by giving access to safe drinking water and improved practical knowledge on sanitation and personal hygiene, Improved food security, nutrition and income from agriculture, effective and sustainable community organisations.
- Feasibility study of Water system
- Water system installation in ward no.1
- Water system installation in ward no.9
- Water user`s management committee training
- Basic care and maintenance training for DWU committee
- Observation visit to water user’s committee
- Health and sanitation education
- Environment protection and water resource preservation training
- Facilitate off seasonal vegetable farming.
- Facilitate organic manure making
- Nursery development
- Local nutritional food demonstration and education.
- Agricultural production storage training
- Citrus fruit tree plantation
- Establish agricultural production collection center
- Training to Youths on agricultural handicraft production.
- Production of herbal plants
- Organize training on Organizational Development for partner CBOs and cooperative.
- Mobilizing and strengthening cooperative
- Organize Thanks giving events