Thee-WDC project is an expansion of Women in Difficult Circumstances (WDC) in three new VDCs (Bhimphedi, Kogate, Ipa Panchakanya).
The project was intervened to respond to issues like human trafficking and safe migration, women empowerment, livelihood, community education, and child/adolescent development by mobilizing women groups, adolescent girls group, child club, and schools in coordination with government and like-minded organizations.
Mid July 2013 – Mid-July 2017
Aambhanjayang, Sukaura, Makwanpurgadhi, and Harnamadi VDCs of Makawanpur District
TEARFUND NEW ZEALAND
- Enhance knowledge and understanding of 6,000 women, girls, and boys (direct beneficiaries) on women empowerment and the issue of human trafficking and its consequences by June 2017.
- Facilitate and Empower 36 women groups and enhance their knowledge about women empowerment and enable them to participate actively to prevent human trafficking.
- Promote education to 36 students of second grade and 160 adolescent girls to enhance their personal development.
- Develop sustainable livelihood opportunity to 20 women and girls who have been the victim of trafficking and 30 poorest and poor of the needy family by June 2016.
- Assists in the re-integration of an estimated 20 trafficked women in their family into the society by June 2016.
- Awareness and Sensitization
- Women Empowerment
- Adolescent and youth development
- Income Generation and Livelihood
- Advocacy and Reintegration