Empowerment Of Women In Difficult Circumstances
Dignity project has been in operation at four wards (Bhimphedi, Kogate and Ipa-Panchakanya) of Makwanpur district for last three years to empower women and minimize the trafficking at all forms.
This project needs to be extended for next two year to complete project cycle and ensure its sustainability. Therefore this proposal is a concept of how the extension is planned and it also shares the projection of new VDCs expansion to carry out e-WDC interventions through e-WDCe.
The three new VDCs (Bhimphedi, Kogate, Ipa Panchakanya) has been proposed for expansion for next three years, which will start from the year July 2017/18 after conducting baseline community survey.
The e-WDCe expansion will intervene to response on issues like human trafficking and safe migration, women empowerment, livelihood, community education and child/adolescent development by mobilizing women groups, adolescent girls group, child club, and schools in coordination with government and likeminded organizations.
Based on our learning and experience in anti human trafficking program in the Makwanpur district, the empowerment of women is very essential for protection, prevention and prosecution from human trafficking. So besides taking care of economical improvement, policy implementation, women empowerment is most important to act against human trafficking. If women have access to resources, they are considered in decision making process in family and in community and given their right at fullest, will contribute to minimize trafficking cases in their respective community.
For last 8 years, SCN have been working on minimizing trafficking and women empowerment in various part of Makwanpur district. At present empowerment of Women in Difficult Circumstances (e-WDC) project is in operation at 4 VDCs, Aambhanjhyang, Sukaura, Harnamadi and Makwanpurgadhi. This project has completed its first phase of 3 years and now planning to make and extension of two more years to complete the project cycle at same VDCs and with same beneficiaries. Along with an extension of existing e-WDC for two years, SCN has planned to execute an expansion of e-WDCe in 4 new neighbouring VDCs, which are Ipa Panchkanya, Bhimphedi, Kogate and Budichour (Campaign/Event base). 7780 men, women and youths aware on trafficking issues.
Project Duration: 17th July 2016- 16th July, 2021
Promote safe migration, minimize human trafficking and empower women and girls.
- Improve awareness and sensitization on human trafficking, its consequences and safe migration.
- Strengthen processes that promote social and economical development of women and create an environment for social change.
- Develop sustainable livelihood opportunity for the vulnerable and survivor’s families.
- Promote education to vulnerable students and mobilize schools to act against human trafficking.
- Promote child and adolescent girls to enhance their involvement in social activities and personal qualities/behaviour.
- Human Trafficking and Safe Migration
- Women Empowerment
- Income Generations and Livelihood
- Community Education
- Children and Adolescent Development