The Dignity-II Project has been implemented to empower poor and marginalized people in the target areas of the Nuwakot district and dignity their lives for creating a safe and just society. The project aims to serve 2944 (Direct-1608 and Indirect-1336) out of 2960 population in the community to combat trafficking and modern-day slavery through women empowerment, livelihoods/food security, and youths engagement process, thereby adopting Share and Care Nepal’s successful empowerment and transformation approach.
17 July 2021- 16 July 2024
Balkumari, Ward 5. Dupcheshowr Rural Municipality Nuwakot District, Bagmati Province, Nepal
TEARFUND NEW ZEALAND
- Improved communities’ awareness on human trafficking, unsafe migration, and counseling, and necessary psycho-social support or referral services/facilities available to returnees, survivors, and other affected people.
- Established organized and empowered women groups to create safe and dignified futures/lives to prevent and mitigate trafficking and unsafe migration through collective actions.
- Improved livelihoods and food security of vulnerable families through subsistence and commercial farming, livestock management, and rural entrepreneurship.
- Enhanced capability of youths (boys and girls) on life-skills, locally suitable vocational skills, and on social problems (particularly modern slavery issues), and vulnerable adolescent girls are supported to complete formal schooling.
- Combating Human Trafficking
- Women Empowerment
- Engaging Youths