This project was implemented in two phases, phase I (2005-2007) and phase II (2008 -2011). The covered 7 VDCs of three districts, in and around Kathmandu district at the Central Development Region of Nepal. The project intends to provide its service to 5,828 households in these 7 VDCs is 3,887 and the total population is 34,952 of which male are 18,094 (51%) and female 16,848 (49%), through focusing its activities in the area of improving the health, education, agriculture, women empowerment, disaster and the community’s capacity to manage development initiatives.
The project provided its service to 3887 households in 7 VDCs and the total population is 34,952 of which male are 18,094 (51%) and female 16,848 (49%), through focusing its activities in the area of improving the health, education, agriculture, women empowerment, disaster and the community’s capacity to manage development initiatives.
All of the outputs and objectives are initiated to improve the quality of life of the communities. The activities are intended to be carried out in a participative way in which SCN staff act as change agents and the communities take ownership of the issues, solution, implementation process that has a long-term impact on the individual, family, community, society, and the system.
Mid July 2005-mid July 2011 (Phase I & Phase II)
Lapsephedi, Nanglebhare & Suntol VDCs(Kathmandu), Haibung, Bhotechour, Sindhukot VDCs(Sindhupalchok), and Baluwapati VDC (Kavrepalanchok).
Tearfund UK, Tear Australia & Tearfund New Zealand
- To facilitate the implementation of the Government’s essential health care services in the community.
- Facilitate and strengthen the active partnership between the school management committee, teachers, students, parents, and the community.
- To enable communities to recognize the role of women in society and initiate empowerment activities.
- To raise awareness among the community to control the spread of HIV and AIDS.
- To build the capacity of the communities to increase their abilities to increase food production and accessibility.
- To strengthen the capacity of the community in disaster preparedness and disaster response.
- To strengthen the capacity of the organization to meet the need the communities that we intend to serve.
- Community Health
- Basic Education
- Women’s empowerment
- HIV/ AIDS
- Food Security
- Disaster and Preparedness
- Organization Capacity Development