Action Based Community Development Program is a “community development through people’s action”. The project empowered and transformed the lives of the community in Sikre, Likhu, Talakhu, Chaap, and Mahakali VDCs of Nuwakot District.
The program facilitates activities to minimize the needs of the community in areas of community health, community education, food security, women empowerment, environmental sustainability, and organization development through facilitating and coordinating with government line agencies and stakeholders.
The program brought a change in the lives of 10,000 (direct) men, women, children, local CBOs, and stakeholders by unifying them in groups, enhancing their knowledge and capacities, and institutionalizing their initiation and groups for the sustainable development and transformation of the life of poor and needy.
The program was implemented for 6 years based on the entry stage, implementation stage, and exit stages of the project process cycle and stages.
16 July 2011 – 15 July 2017
Likhu, Sikre, Talakhu, Chaap, and Mahakali VDCs of Nuwakot District.
TEAR AUSTRALIA (6 Years) & TEARFUND UK (3 Years)
- 6500 men, women, and children improve their knowledge and habit as regards health issues, sanitation, and personal hygiene and live a healthy and prosperous life.
- 2000 women, men, and 150 boys/girls expand their education and learning for their meaningful living as a knowledgeable person.
- 900 women members of Women Action Group (WAG) get organized and advocate for women empowerment to improve their social, economic, and cultural status.
- 300 farmers’ families enhance their knowledge and skills about the improved agricultural approach to commercialize their products and maintain their food security.
- 100 members of the Environment-Friendly Group (EFG) develops their knowledge and capacity about conservation and disaster preparedness to protect the community from natural and man-made disasters.
- Enhance the knowledge and capacity of staff and stakeholders to smooth implementation of plans and achieve objectives through shared vision, mission, and values.
- Community Health
- Community Education
- Women Empowerment
- Food Security
- Environment Sustainability
- Organizational Development