Action Based Community Development Program is a “community development through people’s action”. The project will empower and transform the lives of the community in Sikre, Likhu, Talakhu, Chaap and Mahakali VDCs of Nuwakot District. The program will mediate activities to minimize the needs of community in areas of community health, community education, food security, women empowerment, environment sustainability and organization development through facilitating and coordinating with government line agencies and stakeholders.
The program will bring the change in lives of 10,000 (direct) men, women, children, local CBOs and stakeholders by unifying them in groups, enhancing their knowledge and capacities and institutionalizing their initiation and groups for the sustainable development and transformation of the life of poor and needy.
The program will bring the change in lives of 10,000 (direct) men, women, children, local CBOs and stakeholders by unifying them in groups, enhancing their knowledge and capacities and institutionalizing their initiation and groups for the sustainable development and transformation of the life of poor and needy. The program will be implemented for 6 years on the basis of entry stage, implementation stage and exit stages of project process cycle and stages. The program is anticipated to be implemented through the supporting partners of Tear Fund UK, Tear Australia and Tear Fund New Zealand.
Project Duration:16 July 2011 – 16 July 2017
To facilitate a process of change in order to improve the quality of life for an estimated 10,000 people of 5 VDCs (Sikre, Likhu, Talakhu, Mahakali and Chaap) of Nuwakot District by the end of year 2011/17
- 6500 men, women and children improve their knowledge and habit as regards to health issues, sanitation and personal hygiene and live healthy and prosperous life.
- 2000 women, men and 150 boys/girls expand their education and learning for their meaningful living as knowledgeable person.
- 900 women members of Women Action Group (WAG) get organized and advocate for women empowerment to improve their social, economical and cultural status.
- 300 farmers’ families enhance their knowledge and skills about improved agricultural approach to commercialize their product and maintain their food security.
- 100 members of Environment Friendly Group (EFG) develops their knowledge and capacity about conservation and disaster preparedness to protect community from natural and man made disaster.
- Enhance the knowledge and capacity of staffs and stakeholders to smooth implementation of plans and achieve objectives through shared vision, mission and values.